Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Midterm Grades
I have been so anxious about my midterm grades since the day I found out all freshman were getting midterm grades..which was months ago. I know I need an extremely impressive GPA to get in to the nursing program here at SCSU, seeing as the minimum for them to even CONSIDER you as someone they might want, is a 3.0. I really was hoping to reach for a 3.5 or better for my first semester GPA but I don't think I'll be getting quite that. My highest grade is an A+ in school health education. That class is by far my easiest, the one test we had was the study guide she handed out EXACTLY so I got a 100. She also curved it by adding 3 points to everyone because some students argued that one of the questions was worded in an unfair way. (it wasnt). So in the end, I got a 103 for the midterm grade. Next, I got an A in anthropology. I don't understand. I never know what in the world is going on in that class and I struggle through the reading every night but somehow I still managed to only get 2 points taken off everything we've ever done. In composition I got a B+. It was based solely on one paper we did. I got a c in inquiry, and I was mildly disappointed in myself for that. The class doesn't ask a lot of me and I slack on the blog posts. My lowest grade was a C- in Math 102. I struggle a lot in this class and I definitely need to get extra help. I went to the campus tutorial center today with a friend, but they were all booked up for the day and they don't make appointments for days in advance, so I'm going to go back tomorrow and make an appointment for the afternoon. Overall, I'm not happy with my grades at all and I definitely need to step things up if I want to pursue a career in nursing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment