Monday, October 24, 2011

Comfort Zone

This weekend,  I went out of my comfort zone by looking for a new job.  I've had two jobs before, but they've always fallen into my lap.  My first job as a waitress was offered to me by my boyfriend's sister, and I never had to do any interview process.  I just had to show up and I was hired. My second and current job was given to me by a friend.  She works as assistant manager at a store, and recommended me as an employee.  The owner was convinced by whatever she told him, and I was hired again without any interview process.  This weekend, I saw a post about a waitress opening at Buffalo Wild Wings in the Connecticut Post Mall.  I decided to go for it even though I had no experience applying for a job.  I went to apply in person, and had a short conversation with the manager.  He asked me about my job experience and when I was available and then gave me an application to fill out.  I'm now supposed to call him and set up an interview.  Overall, I think it went well and I think I might have a chance at getting a new job!

No comments:

Post a Comment