Saturday, October 8, 2011
Blood Drive!
This weekend I participated in a service project. I donated blood to the red cross. I've donated once before at a drive at my high school, so I thought it'd be something nice to do again and get myself some good karma. I had an appointment for 1:45 and got there right on time, I signed in, and they gave me a folder of pages to read. It was all about medications and sexual contact and other restrictions one may have. It took my about 5 minutes to read/skim through and then I went back to the reception desk to get my number. I waited for another 5 minutes then began the "mini-physical". They took my blood pressure, temperature, tested a small blood sample, and asked me a bunch of questions. After that I was taken to the main area where they collected the blood. I squeezed a little red ball for about ten minutes while the blood collected and then I was all done! I sat and had a nice chat with a 50 year old biker who once got hit by a boat. He was the kind of guy who looks terrifying but secretly loves kittens. Or something. All in all the whole process took about 25-30 minutes and they gave me cookies! I think everyone should consider donating blood, it's so easy and fast but can really be so so so helpful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment