Sunday, October 2, 2011
So little time
I feel that recording what I was doing at all times throughout a week was extremely beneficial to me. I realized that I still have a lot more free time than I had realized but I end up just wasting it. I spend 4-5 hours at the gym, 20 hours at work at work, 3 - 3.5 hours commuting to work, 25 hours on homework and/or studying, and am left with about 18 hours of free time. I use a lot of this time facebooking, zoning out (just spent a good 3 minutes staring at the wall before I realized it), and with friends. Facebook and twitter would definitely be my biggest distractions. I think these are most college students biggest issues because it's so easy to get sucked in for hours and have 3 tabs going at the same time without ever looking at the tab that has homework on it. I also spend too much time trying to figure out how I'm going to spend my next block of free time. I sit on my bed and try to figure out if I should go to the gym or start my math homework or write a blog or nap. I don't consider friends wasting of my time but the other two could probably go. I think I should discuss hours with my boss because I feel a little bit stressed and overwhelmed with working so much and was discouraged by the facts you presented to us regarding statistics on students with high job hours getting lower grades. My boss is extremely reasonable and thinks my education here is much more important than my job there. I think I should also schedule my days out more and pay attention to what I'm doing and how I'm spending my time. I have a lot more time than I realize and I want to make the most of it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment