Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Final Project Proposal

For my final project, I'd like to do a project on the career I'm choosing.  I think deciding your entire life's plan when you're 18 and a freshman in college is very stressful and difficult for most people.  Through my first semester of college I've felt a lot of pressure to know exactly what I want to spend the rest of my life doing.  I need to pick the right classes and study the right things in order to get the correct degree I'm going to need.  I've thought about the idea of leaving Southern Connecticut and going somewhere else, like Gateway, to get an associates in nursing rather than a bachelors. I don't know what the difference in career and salary would be with these two different degrees, and that's one of the things I want to look into for my project.    I'd like to create a project on the different levels or nursing to help me decide what I'm going to pursue.  I know that there are many different kinds of "nurses".  There's nursing assistants, practical nurses, registered nurses, and nurse practitioners.  Each has different skill levels, education levels, and salaries.  Some require college, some require graduate school, and some require only short programs and a certification test. 

No comments:

Post a Comment