Monday, September 19, 2011

Professional Blog Analysis

The first professional blog I chose was Code Blog: Tales of a Nurse. (http://www.codeblog.com/)  I picked this one because I plan on being a nurse and that's why I'm in college in the first place. It's interesting to see how people who have been in the field for years and years see nursing as opposed to my view of it being something so high above me and glorious and my most major, significant goal.  This blog is interesting because any nurse or doctor or patient, etc can submit her stories to the site and they may or may not be posted.  It's a compilation of many different nurses' tales of the ER, OR, Psych Ward, or 'Carnivals' as they call them.  The main author is a woman named Gina who has been an intensive care nurse for 13 years.  Since it's a compilation, the writing styles vary quite a bit.  I read a few posts and skimmed through some more and to me, it seems the purpose of the blog is to entertain people who can relate to the stories people post.  Doctors, nurses, paramedics, even patients can get a laugh out of this blog. 

The second blog I explored was from a professional sky diver. (http://ukskydivingadventures.blogspot.com/)  I decided to look for a skydiving blog because it's something I've always wanted to do and I thought it'd be interesting to see things from the point of view of someone who does it almost daily.  This blog is run by UK Skydiving Adventures and seems to be more of an advertising blog.  They want you to come to their company to go skydiving and post pictures, stories, events, and specials to try to get you there.  They also post uncensored customers' reviews on their experience with the company, which I thought were informative and sometimes humorous. If anything the blog made me want to go skydiving even more than I did before, but I probably won't be going to UK to do it. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment