Wednesday, September 7, 2011

College!


            College to me is a very exciting and fun opportunity that I am lucky to have.  Going to college for me is going to help me get closer to the goal of working as a nurse in a neonatal intensive care unit.  For the time being though, it helps me grow as a person and into a more independent adult.  I have already found myself growing and changing in the short time I’ve been here.  I pushed myself way out of my comfort zone and made myself take the leap of leaving home and living on campus by myself.  I have an anxiety disorder so leaving home is an especially difficult task for me but so far I’ve found myself happy and relaxed.  College is helping me move past some of my anxious tendencies.  I’m excited to meet new people from a wider pool of people, rather than the 200 people I graduated with and have known since 1st grade.  (Who also happened to be clones of one another, with a few exceptions)  I’m worried about the workload at SCSU.  I have never had very much work in high school, especially during my senior year.  I haven’t written a paper over 3 pages in my entire life.  I’m scared of going to suddenly be required to do incredible amounts of work and that I won’t be able to keep up with it and retain a good GPA.  My GPA is really important to me because I still need to get accepted to Southern’s nursing program to meet my goal.  Most people need to get into college then go with the motto “C’s get degrees” but I can’t do that.  I have to have a near perfect record to be considered into the very selective program.  Overall, I’m equally excited and nervous to my college life to get settled and learn what it’s really like!

No comments:

Post a Comment