Saturday, September 24, 2011

Campus Safari 2 (#9)

This week, I went to the Club Fair on campus.  Two booths I checked out were the Best Buddies booth and Delta Phi Epsilon.
  I've always wanted to be in a sorority as long as I can remember, so DPhiE was my first stop.  They told me they were one of the most prestigious sororities and did the biggest, most successful charity events.  I was told they were having a rush event that night, so I decided to attend.  It was fun, but I came to the conclusion that I wasn't going to pursue a sorority this semester.  I feel like I do not have the time or time management skills yet to commit to a sorority.  I do, however, plan to shop around sororities and attend more rush events in the spring.
   After I left the DPhiE booth, I went over to the Best Buddies booth.  Best Buddies is an organization that pairs a student with another mentally impaired student and allows them to become best friend and bond.  They try to create opportunities for people with special needs.  I decided to check out this booth because I've heard a lot about this club and all of the work it does. 
   Overall, I thought the club fair was a good experience and helped me figure out how to become more involved on campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment